Thursday, October 16, 2008

Seven Random Facts (Tag!)

My lovely friend Jennie tagged me, so here goes...I expect to read everyone's on their blog soon...:)

1. I am addicted to the Peoples Court. I may say that the Office is my favorite show, which it is one of my favorites, but I love the Peoples Court! I really want to go to NY one day to go see Broadway shows...and the Peoples Court. I think it's because I love Judge Milian. She is a powerful hispanic woman! She says things to people that I don't think I could have the nerve to do. It's sad how much I watch that show.:)

2. I chased down Karl Malone with my dentists daughter when I was little. I was obsessed with the man. I couldn't believe it when I saw him riding his bike by my house! I was on my way to the dentist, and when the receptionist, who was also the daughter, found out what was happening, she agreed to chase him down with me. I was screaming on the top of my lungs as we passed him once, twice, and then got the nerve to stop the third time. I kept on telling him he was huge, which he was...I just hope he didn't get offended.:) My family met him at the State Fair a couple of weeks later, and he totally remembered me. "Oh, was she the one screaming?" It was the best day of my young life!

3. I buy chocolate chips so that I can "make cookies," I tell Jesus, but it's really so that I can eat chocolate and he doesn't think I eat too much chocolate. Who's going to notice a bag of chocolate chips gone, instead a bag of chocolate?:) It works, my friends, it really does.

4. I really hate listening to people eat with their mouths open. AAAGGGH! I don't know why, but I just think it's the most annoying sound in the world! Actually, people who breath heavily who are eating with their mouths open is the most annoying sound in the world, and just eating with your mouth open is second. I remember when I was younger and someone was eating by me, I would seriously eat with one hand and have the other covering the ear closest to them...pathetic, I know. I do, however, love to hear my kids eat with their mouths open...funny, huh? I guess two year olds and 7 months olds are exempt.

5. A couple of years ago I had a canary and he had a very fertile wife! She was ALWAYS laying eggs! Well, she died because she layed too many eggs and around the same time a baby of hers got really sick. I had a good paying job at this time, and was pretty respected...until I called in because I was too traumatized about the death of the mommy and the baby. Once again, pathetic, I know. I was bawling for days over some canaries! And, to top it off, my boss and EVERYONE ELSE ON THE TEAM were boys...yeah, they didn't get it.

6. I love it when my kids cry. Little Jesus has to be held when he cries, and he automatically goes for my hair and will play with it to calm him down. I love that! Jasmine has the cutest little face when she cries, and the cutest little cry! I can't help but smile then too...such a mean mom!

7. My husband and I love to play jokes on each other. My favorite is to get him when he least expects it. A couple of weeks ago I had both of my kids crying, and he thought I was very occupied with them...little did he know that I was just occupied getting a HUGE glass of cold water. Pouring that on him in the shower is the best because of his reaction.

Man, this was hard to think of things that people don't know about me. I guess I'm an open book and tell everyone everything anyways! I hope y'all enjoyed it!

6 comments:

jennie said...

I love the Karl Malone thing. And the canaries had my laughing. And seriously? People's Court? I didn't even know that was still on. Funny!

Devon said...

Those were great! And I think it's cute that you loved your canaries...men just don't understand!

Jan said...

You're so weird, Jodi. Geez. lol. That was a really great post!!

(Did you mean to tag anyone...?)

Jodi said...

I thought it was a given that everyone's tagged...do I have to do them individually? Oops!

Blaneys said...

Jode, I don't know if I would admit to watching People's Court - that is funny though. I guess someone has to keep it on the air. Otherwise, we are so the same. I do the chocolate chip thing, I cringe when I have to listen to people chewing, and I have thought it is cute when my kids cry. And I love having you around so I know I am not alone on these things.

R Clan said...

Jodie, I just found your Blog thru Candice and sounds like you and Jesus are doing well for yourselves. I haven't had the chance to read all of your, but are you still working as a PTA? Talk to you later.
Corey