Saturday, October 13, 2012

Croup What?


The unfortunate time of the year is here: croup time!  B.L.A.H.!  It first hit my oldest son a week ago: let me tell you a little about him, first. 

He NEVER gets sick! 

We can all be down with the flu and he'll be running around playing.  That's what happened this day.  He came home from school and had lost his voice.

Yes, that is croup for Jesusito.

I was hoping that that's all that would happen.  Nope: soon our youngest, Miss Eva got a fever.  One must be spoiled with Arctic Circle when they're sick, right?



I was hoping that that's all that would happen.  Nope: she woke up the next morning with very raspy breathing.  She wasn't coughing, though, so I wasn't sure what it was.  After a lovely visit to the Dr it was decided that it was, in fact, the beginning stages of croup and that I'd have to wait it out.  He prescribed us the steroids and we just had to wait until she got really sick.

Unfortunately Miss Eva is no stranger to this thing called croup.  The first time her big sister Jasmine saw her, she coughed all over her: Jasmine had had croup.:(  I am used to the dog bark, though, and not the loss of voice or the raspy breathing.

I was hoping the Dr was wrong and that she just had a cold.  Nope: last night she had an attack where she couldn't breath at all: she was using her whole body to take a breath.  I was scared to death, to say the least, and rushed her to the Primary Childrens.  Of course getting there she was completely fine.  The Dr and nurse were nice enough to chill with us until Eva got upset that they were there and the labored breathing started again.

Croup it is!  After a nice dose of steroids and TONS of ibuprofen, this is Eva today (10% of the time: the other 90% is spent in my arms.:))


Yes, Just Dance 4 has saved us. 

Like brother like sister, right?:)

No comments: